Website Log Still Distillery
Log Still Distillery is seeking a campus security guard to protect people and property from possible criminal activity.
Major Job Responsibilities/Key Duties:
• Patrols and monitors assigned areas; reports suspicious activities to local authorities.
• Monitors surveillance cameras, inspects property, and monitors crowds.
• Contacts law enforcement or fire department in case of an emergency.
• After business hours, checks doors, windows, and gates to ensure the property is secure.
• Investigates reports of suspicious activity on the property.
• Escorts discharged staff, trespassers, and other unwelcome parties off the premises.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Excellent observational skills and attention to detail.
• Authoritative verbal communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations.
• Ability to learn the layout of the property and buildings.
• Excellent customer service – Using every internal/external customer interaction as an opportunity to impress them with a “Wow” factor. Thanking the customer for choosing Log Still Distillery Brand/Service.
• Ability to make others feel welcome, through a combination of authenticity, humility, and kindness, and lead by example
• Exceptional time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Strong work ethic
• Outstanding organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
• Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description.
• Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
• Effective oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills; ability to effectively correspond with guests via formal letters, email, online social media, etc.
• Must be flexible and able to manage multiple processes simultaneously.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Security guard training certification preferred.
• Previous experience a plus, but not required.
Special Working Conditions (e.g. Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
• Must work evening/night shift hours.
• Must be willing to work rotating weekends.
• Ability to patrol the property and access areas quickly.
• Physically able to capture and detain individuals if necessary.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and monitoring surveillance equipment.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Reports to: Security/Amphitheater Operations Team Lead