Job Type: Full Time/Exempt
Job Summary/Primary Functions:
Log Still is seeking a motivated and reliable on and off premise sales manager to represent Log Still’s premier portfolio of bourbon, whiskey and gin products in the Kentucky region. Log Still is looking for someone that is sharp, 110% ‘on it,’ and thinks and takes pride as though they were an owner. Idea candidate knows how to take ownership and problem solve on their own as necessary, all while remaining aligned with the values of our organization: The main objective of the Area Sales Manager includes assisting in the development and execution of the company’s strategic initiatives both on campus and throughout Kentucky and Tennessee. The position includes direct sales responsibility for key accounts, securing new business and accounts and working closely with the distributor network in the assigned territory to maintain/develop all accounts. Additionally, the successful candidate will lead, direct, train, coach and manage local company sales teams.
• Assist with hiring, training, and mentoring Brand Ambassadors.
• Assist/mentors and serves as a resource for daily operations of the Brand Ambassadors.
• Responsible for overseeing that key performance indicators are trended to include continuous adjustments to market plan based on performance.
• Provides input into the Brand Ambassador performance evaluations.
Major Job Responsibilities / Key Duties:
• Assists Chief Brand Officer with the establishment of new distributor relationships including product launch and all associated activities.
• Assists Chief Brand Officer in establishing market-specific goals, Key Performance Indicators and annual plan and objectives for the assigned region.
• Aggressively pursues new on & off-premise distribution in the assigned region.
• Participates in market events, ride-with, and general sales meetings to hold distributor partners accountable for the execution and achievement of the sales plan.
• Trains/mentors local company sales team members.
• Calls on key accounts to secure distribution, making timely presentations, and introducing new products and “limited release” bourbons.
• Executes on and off-premise promotions and periodic special events.
• Develops and maintains strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel.
• Educates and trains accounts as well as distributors on Log Still products, and the Log Still Distillery.
• Travels to and utilizes the assets of the distillery to instill brand and product knowledge in the commercial partners
• Completes necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis daily and weekly.
• Maintains all sales goals and personal budgets outlined for the territory assigned.
• Continuously maintains a strong sense of urgency to meet and exceed goals.
• Seeks ongoing feedback from supervisor asking, “What coaching do you have for me?”, and “How can I improve my performance?”
• Continuously seeks feedback from all customers on performance/brand and improvement opportunities.
• Seeks to continuously develop and improve own performance and performance of direct reports.
• Completes late night and weekend account visits and event attendance as directed.
• Stays informed of customer and consumer trends.
• Maintains calendar of activities and promotions ensuring distributor and third-party agencies have successful communications.
• Other duties as periodically assigned by the Chief Brand Officer.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Prior experience in a sales position; prior alcoholic beverage sales experience.
• Strong ties and established relationships in the beverage community in the assigned region.
• Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills.
• Trade knowledge – Understanding the retail and on-premise buyer mindset.
• Knowledge of, and passion for, Bourbon, Whiskey, and Spirits.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Excellent customer service – Using every internal/external customer interaction as an opportunity to “Wow” them. Thanking the customer for choosing Log Still Distillery Brand/Service.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Excellent organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
• Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description.
• Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
• Experience in buying/distribution/wholesale industry or bartending is a plus.
• Ability to suggest pricing and programming.
• Displays personal ownership and pride in position and brand
• Strives for high performance of self and direct reports
• Bachelor’s Degree: Minimum of Five (5) years’ work-related experience in distilled spirits/wine supplier or wholesaler industry.
Special Working Conditions (e.g. Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
• Frequent travel both in state and out of state.
• Travel will include overnight travel.
• Have access to a reliable car that is registered and insured.
• Must have a valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
• Must be able to drive to and from accounts continuously.
• Ability to work nights/weekends.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must currently reside in the assigned territory.
Reports to / Direct Reports: Chief Brand Officer
Salary (Commensurate on Experience) plus Commission