Website Log Still Distillery
Job Summary/Primary Functions:
Log Still Distillery is seeking an experienced third shift Industrial Maintenance Tech / Mechanic to oversee maintenance of all campus entities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: maintenance of the distillery, overnight accommodation units, venue, amphitheater, tasting room, train station, visitors center, and the restaurant. This candidate must be a strong, results-driven leader, hardworking, resourceful, and have the ability to direct, train, mentor, and manage maintenance programs for the entire campus.
Major Job Responsibilities / Key Duties:
• Oversee maintenance of campus and distillery through PMs and equipment breakdowns.
• Help develop and own the preventative maintenance programs including annual shut down and clean outs.
• Collaborate with the Facilities Engineer and other key stakeholders to plan and manage annual shutdowns.
• Troubleshoot, inspect, test, maintain, and clean all facility equipment including, but not limited to, mechanical equipment, boilers, chillers, water treatment, air compressors, electrical equipment and digital, pneumatic and manual instruments.
• Conduct basic PLC programing and instrument troubleshooting.
• Basic steam system maintenance and repair.
• Maintain working knowledge of emergency procedures including fire protection system.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations including but not limited to the Environmental Protection Agency and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration.
• Assist with training and development of distillery and maintenance workers including preventative maintenance processes and safety procedures.
• Assist/mentor and serves as a resource for distillery worker staff.
• Collaborate with various departments including: production, warehousing, hospitality, human resources to ensure production needs are met.
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the site.
• Ensure work areas are maintained and in a safe and orderly manner to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
• Works to eliminate safety hazards and respond quickly to any safety issues.
• Prioritize a culture of safety and ensure ongoing communication of safety related priorities; champion process improvements with a focus on elimination of preventable workplace accidents.
• Assist/mentor and serves as a resource for daily maintenance and campus operations.
• Assist site leadership team in meeting site safety objectives.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing and/or distillery processes.
• Troubleshoot / Repair hydraulic equipment, pneumatic systems, mechanical equipment, industrial control panels (low and high voltage), residential electrical, HVAC and plumbing.
• Knowledge of Distillery processes that include boilers and water treatment.
• Working knowledge of distillery processes.
• Excellent customer service – Using every internal/external customer interaction as an opportunity to impress them with a “Wow” factor. Thanking the customer for choosing Log Still Distillery Brand/Service.
• Ability to make others feel welcome, through a combination of authenticity, humility, and kindness, and lead by example
• Exceptional time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Strong work ethic
• Outstanding organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
• Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description.
• Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
• Effective oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills; ability to effectively correspond with guests via formal letters, email, online social media, etc.
• Must be flexible and able to manage multiple processes simultaneously.
• Will have to pass aptitude test in basic industrial maintenance troubleshooting
• Maintenance / mechanic experience with boilers, chillers, and water treatment processes.
• Experience working as a Maintenance Technician in a distillery environment.
• Working knowledge of preventative maintenance techniques.
• High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
• Associate’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Maintenance, alternate appropriate certifications will be considered.
Special Working Conditions (e.g. Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
• Must be 21 years old.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
• Ability to stand for long periods, and walk, kneel, stoop on a regular basis.
• Ability to twist, bend, stretch, and climb up to 20 feet on a ladder on a regular basis.
• Must be able to traverse the distillery/campus quickly.
• No allergies/sensitivities to spirits distilling environment
3rd Shift Differential
Reports to: Facilities Engineer