Website Log Still Distillery
Log Still Distillery is seeking a part-time, Customer Experience Ambassador who leads tastings, tours, and other customer experience events, providing information to individuals and groups. The Customer Experience Ambassador promotes and sells merchandise and product to individuals and groups. As assigned, the Customer Experience Ambassador prepares and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to patrons, oversees the stock of liquor and bar supplies, and collects money for drinks served.
Major Job Responsibilities
• Receives orders from patrons and servers.
• Prepares and serves liquor, mixed drinks, wine, beer, and nonalcoholic drinks as ordered.
• Ensures that fruit and other garnishes are prepared ahead of the opening of the bar.
• Maintains the bar and keeps it clean and organized.
• Attractively displays glasses and liquor bottles.
• Keeps bar supplied with snacks.
• Ensures that customers are of legal drinking age by checking photo identification.
• Collects money from customers for drinks prepared and served.
• Uses proper judgment and, when necessary, declines service to customers who are intoxicated or disruptive.
• Submits orders or creates requisition forms for liquor, beer, and other bar-related supplies.
• Greets customers, distributes any safety devices required.
• Plans expeditions, instruction and appropriate commentary based on environmental conditions and clients skills and ability levels.
• Provides customer with initial safety and administrative information and direction.
• Conducts tour/experience while providing interesting and entertaining information about popular locations or specific points of interest.
• Engages wit and charm to enhance the customer experience.
• Relays important or interesting historical facts, dates, and anecdotes.
• Tailors tour/experience to the age and interest of customers.
• Facilitates rich discussions that maintain customer interest.
• Promotes and sells merchandise and product to customers.
• Ensures accuracy of inventory and receipts.
• Maintains compliance with all applicable safety practices, environmental regulations, and established policies.
• Performs other duties as periodically assigned by the Sous Chef/Food & Beverage Director/Chief Hospitality Officer.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• At least one year of related experience required.
• Ability to complete orders quickly and accurately.
• Excellent customer service skills and focus on serving customers and attention to detail.
• Extensive knowledge of drink preparation or service.
• Ability to remain calm when dealing with unruly and argumentative patrons.
• Ability to learn point of service software used by bar or restaurant.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of the Dant Family Heritage, bourbon knowledge, and tour are including information related to its history, geography, or other areas of interest.
• Ability to provide experiences (tours/tasting) that clear, informative, and entertaining.
• Excellent problem solving skills with proven ability to improvise when unexpected problems or emergencies arise.
• Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
• Customer Service – Going above and beyond what the customer expects
• Trade knowledge – Understanding the retail and on-premise buyer mindset
• Knowledge of, and passion for, Bourbon, Whiskey, Spirits
• Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Excellent organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
• Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description
• Good time management and effective presentation skills
• Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
• Completion of ServSafe Training
• Completion of Server Training in Alcohol Regulations (STAR)
• Retail experience.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Completion of mixology, barkeeping, or other related training required.
• Successful completion of on-the-job training required.
• Successful completion of ServSafe Training within 30 days of hire.
• Successful completion of Server Training in Alcohol Regulations (STAR) upon hire.
Special Working Conditions (e.g. Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking. Physically able to speak for long periods of time while walking without becoming winded. Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds.
Chief Hospitality Officer