Website Log Still Distillery
Log Still Distillery is seeking an experienced Distillery Engineer to oversee engineering and maintenance of all campus operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: oversight of the campus construction and distillery operations/maintenance. This working manager must be a strong results-driven leader, hardworking, and have the ability to direct, train, mentor and manage maintenance staff and contractors.
• Hire, train, and mentor the Maintenance staff.
• Assist/mentor and serves as a resource for daily maintenance and campus operations.
• Handle both development and discipline of employees within company guidelines, supported by the Human Resources Director.
• Conduct performance reviews for direct reports.
• Oversee engineering and maintenance programs of campus and distillery.
• Develop and supervise the preventative maintenance program including annual shut down and clean outs.
• Oversee and manage the waste water treatment program, sanitary sewers, fire protection, and liquified natural gas supply.
• Collaborate with Chief of Operations and other key stakeholders to plan and manage annual shutdowns.
• Manage and own the permit program, job hazard assessment process to include risk mitigation and risk elimination.
• Manages equipment vendor relationships for ongoing equipment preventative maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
• Troubleshoot, inspect, test, maintain, and clean all facility equipment including, but not limited to, mechanical equipment, boilers, chillers, water treatment, air compressors, electrical equipment and digital, pneumatic and manual instruments.
• Conduct basic PLC programing and instrument troubleshooting.
• Basic steam system maintenance and repair.
• Maintain working knowledge of emergency procedures including fire protection system.
• Develop, own, and manage maintenance budget to include identifying cost savings and efficiencies.
• Develop, support, monitor, and own Key Performance Indications (KPIs) of productivity, safety, budget, and quality.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations including but not limited to the Environmental Protection Agency and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration.
• Manage maintenance staff effectively to include cost control with payroll, attendance, and performance evaluations.
• Assist with training and development of distillery and maintenance workers including preventative maintenance processes and safety procedures.
• Assist/mentor and serves as a resource for maintenance/mechanic and distillery worker staff.
• Collaborate with various departments including: production, warehousing, hospitatlity, human resources to ensure production needs are met.
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the site.
• Ensure work areas are maintained and in a safe and orderly manner to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
• Works to eliminate safety hazards and respond quickly to any safety issues.
• Prioritize a culture of safety and ensure ongoing communication of safety related priorities; champion process improvements with a focus on elimination of preventable workplace accidents.
• Assist site leadership team in meeting site safety objectives.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Minimum of five-seven years of experience in engineering, manufacturing and/or distillery processes.
• Knowledge of engineering and maintenance processes for campus construction and distillery processes.
• Experience in developing maintenance schedules and managing budgets.
• Working knowledge of distillery and boiler processes.
• Excellent customer service – Using every internal/external customer interaction as an opportunity to impress them with a “Wow” factor. Thanking the customer for choosing Log Still Distillery Brand/Service.
• Ability to make others feel welcome, through a combination of authenticity, humility, and kindness, and lead by example
• Exceptional time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Strong work ethic
• Outstanding organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
• Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description.
• Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
• Effective oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills; ability to effectively correspond with guests via formal letters, email, online social media, etc.
• Must be flexible and able to manage multiple processes simultaneously.
• Maintenance / mechanic experience, specifically with boilers, chillers, and water treatment processes.
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of waste-water treatment processes.
• Knowledge of and management of utilities.
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering. Experience with electrical systems, security, and fiber optics a plus.
Special Working Conditions (e.g. Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
• Must be 21 years old.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
• Ability to stand for long periods, and walk, kneel, stoop on a regular basis.
• Ability to twist, bend, stretch, and climb up to 20 feet on a ladder on a regular basis.
• Must be able to traverse the distillery/campus quickly.
• No allergies/sensitivities to spirits distilling environment
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer